Chapter 9： Psycholinguistics睡不着觉作文
I. Decide whether each of the following statements is True or False:
1. The linguistic ability of human beings depends primarily on the structure of the vocal cords.
2. Human beings are the only organisms in which one particular part of the left half of the brain is larger than the corresponding part of the right half.
3. The case of Phineas Gage suggests that if our language ability is located in the brain, it is clear that it is not situated right at the front.
4. In general, the right side of the brain controls voluntary movements of, and responds to signals from, the left side of the body, whereas the left side controls voluntary movements of, and responds to signals from, the right side of the body.
5. Language functions are believed to be lateralized primarily in the left hemisphere of the brain.
6. The language we speak determines the way we perceive the world and therefore the nature of thought.
7. Human beings can not think without language, just as they can not speak without thinking.
8. If a language lacks a word, its speakers will not be able to grasp its concept.
9. Generally speaking, left hemisphere is responsible for language and speech, analytic reasoning, associative thought, etc., while the right hemisphere is responsible for perception of nonlinguistic sounds, holistic reasoning, recognition of musical melodies, etc.
10. Language by no means determines the ways we perceive the objective world, but by its convenience, availability, and habitual use, does influence the perceptions of human being.
II. Fill in each of the blanks below with one word which begins with the letter given:
11. P_________ is the study of language in relation to the mind.
12. The most important part of the brain is the outside surface of the brain, called the cerebral c_________, which is the decision-making organ of the body.
13. The brain is divided into two roughly symmetrical halves, called h_________, one on the right and one on the left.
14. The localization of cognitive and perceptual functions in a particular side of the brain is called l__________.
15. Brain lateralization is g__________ programmed, but takes time to develop.
16. In addition to the m________ area which is responsible for physical articulation of utterances, three areas of the left hemisphere are vital to language, namely, Broca's area, Wernicke's area and the angular gyrus.
17. The relationship between the name and the meaning of a word is quite a______________.
18. When language and thought are identical or closely parallel to each other, we may regard thought as s________ speech and speech as o__________ thought.
19. Because languages differ in many ways, Whorf believed that speakers of different languages perceive and experience the world differently, relative to their linguistic background. This notion is called linguistic r__________.
20. The basic essentials of the first language are acquired in the short period from about age two to puberty, which is called the c____ period for first language acquisition.
21. The strong version of Sapir-Whorf hypothesis has two aspects: linguistic d_______ and linguistic relativism.
III. There are four choices following each statement. Mark the choice that can best complete the statement:
22. Human linguistic ability largely depends on the structure and dynamics of _________.
A. human brain
B. human vocal cords
C. human memory
文章来源: 作文眼睛网-湖景色作文-采荠菜作文 http://www.laudreco.com文章标题: Chapter 9： Psycholinguistics《明史·叶盛传》原文及翻 下一篇：没有了